One of the most difficult things we are dealing with COVID-19 is the uncertainty of the situation- uncertainty because the virus is new and much is unknown about it, because we don't have sufficient testing - and the questions stemming from that uncertainty that do not have clear answers. How long will it last? How contagious is COVID-19? How can we stay safe?
My practice follows Practice Guidelines recommended by the Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals (ABMP) along with infection control recommendations made by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. I made these changes to help protect my clients and myself. For example:
1. I will communicate with you beforehand to obtain updates to your health information and ask you specifically about your potential exposure to COVID-19.
2. I will greet you at the door and use a no touch thermal temperature screening to confirm that you don’t have a fever.
3. I’ll ask you if you have developed any symptoms of illness since we spoke on the phone. If you feel ill on the day of your session, there is no penalty for canceling your appointment. Massage is not advised if you have any symptoms of illness.
4. Please bring a face mask to use while you are in the building, and during your massage. During the session: Prone positions (face down) could be uncomfortable for clients who are wearing face coverings and for this reason you will not be required to wear a face mask at this time. When switching from prone to supine (face up) position I will then ask you to put your face covering on.
5. I will ask you to sign an informed consent form that states, “I understand that close contact with people increases the risk of infection from COVID-19. By signing this form, I acknowledge that I am aware of the risks involved and give consent to receive massage from this practitioner.”
6. You will also find hand sanitizer in the office for you to use as needed.
I look forward to seeing you again and am happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps I take to keep you, and every client, safe in my practice. Thank you for being my client. I value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back to a safe, therapeutic touch environment.
Looking for a particular page?